This Girl's Books

My online repository of what I've read, what I thought of it, and whether or not I'd recommend it to you, dear reader.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

An interesting list

I just found another list of the top 100 novels of all time (aren't such ambitions totally prententious? Who can judge these things?). But anyway, this list was compiled by those cheeky Brits, and as such, is definitely worth a perusal by this particular anglophile. I might even use this one as my to-read list! The only thing wrong with it, that I can see, is it lists Wuthering Heights at #17 and beloved Jane Eyre at #18. Um...WRONG. Emily's Heathcliff over Charlotte's Jane? I think not. But anyway.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're upset that Wuthering Heights ranked higher than Jane Eyre. I am horrified that Emma was placed at #9 and Pride and Prejudice didn't make the list at all! That makes me inherently distrustful of the entire list.

    -Katie

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    What can I say? Those crazy Brits...

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was surprised about that too, Katie. I should see if I can "read through" this list or another similar. I like doing things like that. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home